As you may have heard, the alumni-established Sigma Nu Zeta Housing Corporation of Lambda Chi Alpha has recently purchased 1901 33rd St. and are excited to be a part of the Heart of Lubbock community. The Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity sets as its supreme goal the development of men to the highest standards and principles. As such, it is the vision of Lambda Chi Alpha to extend itself beyond the traditional social fraternity by giving back to the community through philanthropy, leadership development, alumni relationships, and a focus on academics; where our undergraduate members have an average 3.018 GPA and are #3 out of all 23 fraternities (the all men’s campus average at Tech was a 2.751 GPA).
To better develop a member’s sense of community and service undergraduate members invest hundreds of hours every semester toward local and national philanthropic events that include:
– Feeding America, the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity.
– South Plains Grub Farm where we planted seeds, painted a chicken coup and did gardening.
– South Plains Foodbank where we’ve provided over 3,600 meals to the local Fight Against Hunger campaign.
– The Rush Elementary fall festival helping run mini carnival games and the concession stand.
We understand that some of our new neighbors are hesitant about us moving into the neighborhood, and we want to address your concerns. Please allow me to share with you the following information about the actions currently underway and restrictions that we already have in place:
– Significant refurbishment, security and safety upgrades, and maintenance will be completed in the next 2-3 weeks on the premises.
– At full capacity, there will only be 4 undergraduate students living on the premises.
– Large fraternity parties/mixers will NOT take place on the premises.
– Parking will NOT impact traffic flow or neighbors’ access to street parking.
We look forward to getting to know you as neighbors and community partners.